Computers in the Library have different settings and serve different purposes:
For Express Use
- Use Public workstations for a quick check of the Library catalog, library resources and services.
- No login required
- They are available on all floors.
For Academic Work
- Windows PCs and iMacs are available at the Information Commons (G/F) and the E-learning Classrooms in the Learning Commons (LG1)
- They require ITSC account login
- Check the software available at different clusters of workstations
- Some computers are not equipped with disc drives. Borrow the portable “USB-DVD Drive” at IC Help Desk (G/F) or LC Help Desk (LG1) if needed.
- Desktop scanners are attached to selected stations at the Information Commons
- You can use the E-learning Classrooms only when they are not reserved for classes
- Find vacant stations at the Information Commons using the real-time occupancy map
For Using Media Items in the Library Collection
- The Media Station in Media Resources supports the use and viewing of certain items in the Library Collection
- PCs in three Media & Discussion Rooms also serve the same purpose; they require ITSC account login
For 3D Design and Printing
- Use the two workstations in the Modelling Space (G/F)
For Using Selected Databases
Go Back to page Top
last modified 31 January 2019