Computers in the Library have different settings and serve different purposes:
For Express Use
- Use Public workstations for a quick check of the Library catalog, library resources and services.
- No login required
- They are available on all floors.
For Academic Work
- Windows PCs and iMacs are available at the Information Commons (G/F) and the E-learning Classrooms in the Learning Commons (LG1)
- They require ITSC account login
- Check the software available at different clusters of workstations
- Some computers are not equipped with disc drives. Borrow the portable “USB-DVD Drive” at IC Help Desk (G/F) or LC Help Desk (LG1) if needed
- Smart desktop scanner is attached to a PC at the Information Commons
- You can use the E-learning Classrooms only when they are not reserved for classes
- Find vacant stations at the Information Commons using the real-time occupancy map
For Using Media Items in the Library Collection
- The Reference Standalone Workstation on G/F supports the use of “Hong Kong newspaper clippings index”.
- The PCs and AV equipment in three Media & Discussion Rooms supports using media items. The PCs require ITSC account login.
For 3D Design, Printing & Scanning
- Use the workstations in the Modelling Space (G/F)
For Using Selected Databases
Reference Standalone Workstation
Rules for Booking
- Each user can book up to 2 hours per session, 1 session per day, 2 sessions per week, all workstations, 3D printing & 3D scanning service combined.
- Reservation may be made on the same day or at most 1 week in advance.
Go Back to page Top
last modified 22 September 2020