The Library has some of the most outstanding antique maps and rare books collections in East Asia.
Our collections include also Maps of China from the late Qing Dynasty-to 1949, thread bound books and other pre-1949 Chinese material, works about China and the Far East by western writers from 1500s to 1949, Fine Reproductions of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy.
- History of Science Collection
- Antique Maps of China Collection (16th to 19th centuries)
- Travelogs of China by Westerners Before 1949
- Maps of China, Late Qing Dynasty-1949
- Thread-bound books before 1949
- Paul T.K. Lin Papers
- Fine Reproductions of Chinese Painting and Calligraphy
- Western Collection
- Chinese Collection
- James Lee Collection
- Sha Fei Photographic Collection
Consult our digital collections online at the Rare & Special e-Zone or visit us in the Special Collection Reading Room (by appointment). The Special Collections Gallery periodically displays thematic selections of our items. To request reproductions from our collection, fill our Image Reproduction Request.
Special Collections in the Media
The Hong Kong Economic Journal profiled our University Librarian and Digital Scholarship & Archives Manager, highlighting the Library’s special collection of Antique Maps of China. Read the Library Blog for details!
|Hours||Monday-Friday: 9:00 am – 5:15 pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: Closed
Go Back to page Top
last modified 07 November 2018