Instructors may place library books, lecture notes, journal articles, media items and personal copies etc. on Reserve for courses (3-hour or 3-day loan). Hyperlink of journal articles accessible at the Library databases have permanent URLs and hence may also be added to E-reserve.
The Course Reserve is also automatically linked with Canvas course site. Students may search the course materials on both the Library homepage and the Library Toolbox embedded in the Canvas.
How to Place a Request
Fill out the online form
- Library Reserve Request Form for E-Reserve or Reserve
Email the list of titles to:
Request at the counter
- Fill out the “MATERIALS TO BE PUT ON RESERVE” form at the Circulation Counter on G/F.
Internet links enable access to electronic articles/books available from the Library databases, open access internet resources or online lecture notes.
- E-lecture notes
- Library books
– Library staff will transfer the books from the book collection to Reserve.
- Print Journal Articles
– Due to copyright restrictions, one article from one journal issue is allowed on 3-hour loan.
- Media items in the Library
– Library staff will transfer the items from the Media Resources collection to Reserve.
- Personal Books/media items
– Instructors may place their personal books/media items for Course Reserve. The personal books/items will be returned to the instructors at term end.
Materials not Available in the Library
Materials will be acquired in electronic format if available. If no e-version is found, Library staff will try their best to obtain the requested material locally, but some might have to be obtained from abroad. Please submit the list as far in advance of the school session as possible to allow for sufficient time to acquire and process the materials. Request a purchase by the following approaches:
- Send a list of books/media items to be purchased to email@example.com, stating:
- Course title and course code
- Estimated number of students
- Suggested loan period (3 hours or 3 days) for Reserve
- Or, fill out the Library Book and Media Purchase Request.
last modified 22 May 2020