Instructors may place library books, lecture notes, journal articles and personal books etc. on Reserve for courses (2-hour, 1-day, or 3-day loan). Hyperlink of journal articles accessible at the Library databases have permanent URLs and hence may also be added to E-reserve.
They may also place media items on Media Reserve for courses in 3-hour loan for using in the Library only.
The Course Reserve is also automatically linked with Canvas course site. Students may search the course materials on both the Library homepage and the Library Toolbox embedded in the Canvas.
How to Place a Request
Fill out the online form
- Library Reserve Request Form for E-Reserve, Print Reserve or Media Reserve
Email the list of titles to:
Request at the counter
- Fill out the “MATERIALS TO BE PUT ON RESERVE” form at the Circulation Counter on G/F.
Internet links enable access to electronic articles/books available from the Library databases, open access internet resources or online lecture notes.
- E-lecture notes
- Library books
– Library staff will transfer the books from the book collection to Reserve.
- Print Journal Articles
– Due to copyright restrictions, one article from one journal issue is allowed on 2-hour loan.
- Personal Books
– Instructors may place their personal books for Course Reserve. The personal books will be returned to the instructors at term end.
- Media Items in the Library
– Library staff will transfer the items from the Media Resources collection to Media Reserve.
- Personal media Items
– Instructors may place their personal media items for Media Reserve. The personal items will be returned to the instructors at term end.
Materials not Available in the Library
Library staff will try their best to obtain the requested material locally, but some might have to be obtained from abroad. Please submit the list as far in advance of the school session as possible to allow for sufficient time to acquire and process the materials. Request a purchase by the following approaches:
- Send a list of books/media items to be purchased to email@example.com, stating:
- Course title and course code
- Estimated number of students
- Suggested loan period (2 hours, 1 day, or 3 days) for Print Reserve
- Loan period for Media Reserve is always 3 hours
- Or, fill out the Library Book and Media Purchase Request.
last modified 06 November 2018