Please observe the following guidelines when using the Reading Room:
- All patrons must register with library staff. You must show identification (HKUST ID, Passport, or HKID) and may be asked to describe your research project.
- Coats, briefcases, and other personal materials not essential to your work must be left with library staff.
- You should fill out a request form for the item they want.
- Requested items will be retrieved from and returned to the shelves by library staff.
- Use the materials with extreme care to ensure their preservation for future generations:
- Do not mark the materials
- Turn pages carefully
- Do not rest objects on the face or surface of items
- Preserve the existing order of all unbound materials
- Only pencils or lap-tops may be used for note taking. Pens are prohibited.
- No digital photography is permitted without permission. Archive staff can make copies for patrons.
last modified 11 August 2016