Gale Primary Sources covers a wide range of full-text primary source content from modern China and Hong Kong history, 19th century maps to National Geographic and Economist historical archive, it is a powerful platform with rich content and also robust analytical tools.
Our subscription covers:
- The Economist Historical Archive, 1843-2015
- Archives Unbound: (i)The Chinese civil war and U.S.-China relations: records of the U.S. State Department’s Office of Chinese affairs, 1945-1955; (ii) China: records of the U.S. Department of State 1930 – 1949.
- Making of the modern world [part 1], the Goldsmiths’-Kress Collection, 1450-1850
- China and the Modern World (in 4 parts): (i)Missionary, sinology, and literary periodicals (1817-1949); (ii)Records of the maritime customs service of China (1854-1949), (iii)Diplomacy and political secrets (1869–1950), (iv)Hong Kong, Britain and China: the rise and fall of empires (1841–1951)
- Nineteenth Century Collections Online: (i)Asia and the west: diplomacy and cultural exchange, (ii)Mapping the world: maps and travel literature
- National Geographic Virtual Library: featuring Magazine archive 1888-2015