|When there are 100,000s of journal articles published per year how do you make your research stand out from the crowd? In this session Lyndsey Dixon, Editorial Director, APAC Journals will be sharing some practical tips to help you get your research seen, read and hopefully making an impact.
Title: Making Your Research Have an Impact
Date: 1 March (Friday), 2019
Venue: Multi-function Room, LG4, HKUST Library
(Light refreshment will be provided)
From this talk, you will take away insights on:
- What makes a good title?
- How to use your abstract to increase your visibility
- Creating digital signposts to your research
- Communicating your research to the right audience
- How to promote your research using social media
- Measuring and mapping your impact through using Altmetrics
- 1.5 hours will be counted toward the course requirement of IDPO6770, PDEV6770A, PDEV6770B, PDEV6770C, PDEV6770D & PDEV6770E
About the speaker
Ms. Lyndsey Dixon is the Editorial Director, Asia Pacific Journals at Taylor & Francis. Leading a rapidly expanding team spread across the region she is responsible for the growth and development of this dynamic and multidisciplinary APAC journal portfolio. In her decade in the industry globally, she’s assisted societies, researchers and authors navigate many of the modern shifts in the publishing landscape. Sharing knowledge is integral to her role and she has vast experience working to develop those involved in publishing at various levels: be that as course tutor for STM Association training the next cohort of publishing professionals, providing seminars to Journal Editors across the region or hosting workshops to Early Career Researchers.
We all look forward to seeing you in the event.