|1. 3D Printing Open House
In this Open House, you can find out more about the 3D Printing service at the Library:
- Learn about how the MakerBot Replicator Desktop 3D Printer works
- Explore how to prepare and export a digital design effectively using the MakerBot Desktop software for 3D printing
- Tips for successful printing
Please note that this is NOT a training workshop for 3D model building, editing or digital design skills.
||10:30 – 11:30 am
||10:30 – 11:30 am
2. Advancing Research and Innovation with Web of Science
Web of Science (WOS), a leading citation database, covers authoritative and multidisciplinary content of over 12,000 highest impact journals worldwide, including open access journals and over 160,000 conference proceedings.
This workshop will cover:
- Connecting the dots in your research
- Efficient research workflow:
- Starting your research topic with understanding of the big picture
- Assisting funding application and finding collaborators with Web of Science
- Decoding Impact Factors: Which journal should I submit my paper?
- Cite while you write: Bibliographic management supported by Web of Science
Speaker: Dr. Ning Ning
Solution Consultant, Scientific & Scholarly Research, ASEAN and North Asia, Thomson Reuters
||11:00 am – 12:00 pm
3. Open Access: Your Choice to Increase Your Research Visibility and Impact
Open Access (OA) is an emerging model to disseminate scientific research. Four distinguished speakers will provide valuable insights on how the OA trend will affect and benefit the scholar community.
OA Publishing vs Traditional Publishing: differences & benefits
Worldwide OA Development
Licensing issues of OA
Mr. Leo CHEUNG (Regional Open Access Publishing Manager, BioMed Central)
What is Creative Commons License
Mr. Pindar WONG (Co-Public Lead of Creative Commons Hong Kong)
Sharing as an OA journal editor and OA author
Prof. Yung Hou WONG (Chair Professor & Associate Dean of School of Science, HKUST)
HKUST Institutional Repository
Ms. Becky LEE (Scholarly Communication Manager, HKUST Library)
||2:30 – 4:30 pm
We look forward to seeing you at these events.