Rare & Special eZone
The Rare & Special eZone is the search and retrieval interface for accessing publicly available digitized materials from the HKUST Library’s University Archives and Special Collections.
Currently this database contains more than 300 images of maps, 100 volumes of books, 700 images of posters, and the entire HKUST Theses Collection. In the eZone, you can explore:
- Beautiful antique maps of China produced by European cartographers as early as the 16th Century;
- Maps of China published in the early 20th Century and those by the Colonial Government of Japan in Taiwan;
- Rare books in the history of science, by revolutionary figures including Euclid, Galileo, Newton, Fourier, and more;
- HKUST posters produced since 1991 by various departments or offices
- Full images of the doctoral dissertations and master’s theses of HKUST’s postgraduate students
While the originals of these materials are kept in the closed stack and the Thesis Room, the eZone lets you easily browse and search to discover and explore these treasured publications electronically.
The digitization of special collections is an ongoing project, so more rare books, travelogs, and thread-bound books will be added in coming months and years.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.