Library Workshop: Reuters 3000 Xtra & Reuters PowerPlus Pro
The Department of Finance and the Library will jointly offer open workshops for Reuters 3000 Xtra and Reuters PowerPlus Pro.
1. Reuters 3000 Xtra – a premium database for integrated financial information. The workshop will show you how to:
- Find and retrieve current & historical data on stocks, indices, exchange rates, etc.
- Search for companies that meet certain criteria (e.g., PE ratio, dividend yield)
- Compare stocks in the same or different sectors
- Plot and download the price line graph of one or more instruments
UPDATED 12 November 2009: In order to combine a second project involving overhead duct replacements, the North end of LG1 will remain blocked off for an additional 2 months, until the end of January 2010. The Library apologizes for the added inconvenience.
Library Workshop: EBSCOhost & ProQuest Research Databases
EBSCOhost & ProQuest Research Databases cover publications from various disciplines (Business, Science & Technology, Humanities & Social Sciences, Medical Science).
They provide access to lots of abstracts or full-text of articles from academic journals and magazines. They also include:
- Country Reports
- Company and Industry Profiles
- SWOT Analyses
- Dissertations and Theses