Web of Science (1991-) provides access to Science Citation Index Expanded
(SCI Expanded) and Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI). These two
databases together cover over 8,000 top international journals in science,
engineering, business and social sciences. Users can also navigate to
electronic full-text journal articles subscribed by the HKUST Library.
They, therefore, are important tools for scholarly research in all these
This workshop will show you how to:
– Perform general searches by author, title, topic, etc.
– Obtain full-text of the retrieved articles.
– Find articles that have cited a particular author or work.
– Trace the number of times that an article has been cited
– Discover key papers on a particular topic.
– Locate related articles that share one or more cited references.
– Receive emails on new articles which cite your chosen articles as
– Analyze search results by author, institution, journal, etc.
We will also demonstrate how to rank journals by Impact Factor, Total
Cites, Immediacy Index and Cited Half-Life using “Journal Citation
Two identical sessions will be held on:
25 March (Tuesday) 1:00 – 2:15 pm
26 March (Wednesday) 1:00 – 2:15 pm
Venue: Library Computer Laboratory on LG1 (Next to Media Resources)
To register, login to Library Class Registration Online
(http://library.ust.hk/ce/) using your ITSC username and password.
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!