Day and Night @ the Library! – Show the Library Through Your Eyes
Submit a photograph that captures your feelings about the Library. It can …
- be inside or outside the Library
- feature the Library itself
- show how you, your friends, or your family connect or interact with the Library
All HKUST students and staff, excluding (i) Library staff or their family members. and (ii) adjudicators or their family members
- Grand Prize – HKD$1,250
- 1st Runner up – HKD$750
- 2nd Runner up – HKD$500
- Most Facebook Likes – HKD$500
- Email your photo to email@example.com, subject Library Photos Competition
- Email content must include: Your name, staff or student UID number, title of the photo in English or Chinese (description of the photo is also welcome).
- Each participant can submit up to 3 photos (1 photo per email submission)
- File Format: jpeg or jpg, and no larger than 10MB each
- Minimum Resolution: 1,280 x 960 pixels (higher resolution preferred)
- Digital enhancement is acceptable
- Period: March 1 (Thu) – April 18 (Wed), 2018
- New Submission Deadline: 5:00pm, April 18 (Wed), 2018
- Voting Period on Facebook: March 1 (Thu) – April 20 (Fri), 2018
- Result Announcement: April 25 (Wed), 2018
- Prize Ceremony: April 30 (Mon), 2018
- A panel made up of Professor Agnes Ku (SOSC), Professor David Cheng CHANG (HUMA), Mr. Spiro Kwok (PTC Photographer) and the Library User Communications Committee.
- Criteria includes creativity, composition, skills & expression of the theme, and
- Photos will be uploaded to the Library Facebook Photo Contest 2018 album for voting the “Most Facebook Likes” by the public.
- You retain your rights to your photograph.
- However, by entering the contest, you grant the HKUST Library a perpetual non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, distribute, display and/or create derivative works of your photograph in part or in whole, in any medium, for any HKUST Library’s operations and purposes. Photo credit will be given.
- Each entry must be an original work taken by the participant.
- Each entry must not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
- Do not disturb other Library users when filming.
- No external lighting equipment, flash, or tripods allowed in the Library.
- You must have permission from people appearing in the photographs.
- By entering the competition, the entrant agrees to abide by the rules of the competition and decision of the adjudicators.
- The HKUST Library reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet the stated requirements. Any decisions by the HKUST Library on a participant’s fulfillment of any of the stated requirements shall be final and binding.
Go Back to page Top
last modified 04 June 2020