Library Logo Contest 2021
Creativity has no boundaries, let your creativity shine and join the Library logo contest. All HKUST students, staff, and alumni are invited to showcase your talent to submit logo designs for the Library in the 2021 Spring semester.
The logo design should:
- help promote the HKUST Library’s mission (https://library.ust.hk/about-us/mission/) as a Learning Hub and Scholarly Gateway to support the University’s teaching, learning, and research.
- show originality, have not been published previously and not based on any pre‐existing designs.
- employ innovative/interesting colors, composition, drawings, objects, or texts, to deliver the message behind.
- follow the University Branding Guideline
All HKUST alumni, students and staff, excluding (i) Library staff or their family members. and (ii) adjudicators or their family members.
- One Grand Prize – HKD$2,000
- People Choice Award – HKD$1,000
- Email your logo design to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject Library Logo Contest.
- Email content must include: Your name, staff or student UID (alumni need to provide their degree and year of graduation), brief explanation of the logo in Chinese or English.
- Each participant can submit up to 3 logo designs (1 logo design per email submission), do not embed the logo in the email message, send as an attachment.
- File Format & Size: vector graphic (.ai, .eps, .svg), raster graphic (.jpg, .gif, .png, .tif) or PDF files , 10MB maximum.
- Submission Deadline: 5:00pm, April 15 (Thursday), 2021
- Voting Period – People Choice Award: March 1 (Monday) – April 21 (Wednesday), 2021
- Result Announcement: April 23 (Friday), 2021
- Prize Presentation Ceremony: April 29 (Thursday), 2021
- A panel made up of Professor Anirban MUKHOPADHYAY (Associate Provost, Teaching & Learning), Mr. Thomas NG (Director of MTPC) and members of the Library User Communications Committee.
- Criteria includes aesthetics, creativity, and expression of the Library mission.
- Logo should look good in black and white, grayscale and color, be easily resized, and suitable for high quality printing.
- Logo design entries will be uploaded to Library Instagram with the hashtag #hkustlibrarylogocontest for voting the “People Choice Award” by the public.
- If no suitable entries are received, the Library reserves the right not to select a winner.
- All submitted logos must be original, have not been published previously and not based on any pre‐existing designs.
- Each submitted logo must not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the logo.
- Ownership rights, including all intellectual property rights, to the winning logo will belong to the HKUST Library to use, distribute, display, modify, reproduce, and/or create derivative works of the logo in part or in whole, in any medium, for any HKUST Library’s operations and purposes.
- By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to abide by the rules of the contest and decision of the adjudicators; as well as assign all ownership and intellectual property rights of the winning logo to the HKUST Library.
- The HKUST Library reserves the right to reject entries that do not meet the stated requirements. Any decisions by the HKUST Library on a participant’s fulfilment of any of the stated requirements shall be final and binding.
Go Back to page Top
last modified 02 February 2021