HKUST Library E-Discovery Week 2019: Learn, Search, Win
February 25 – March 1
A Great Success
The Library E-Discovery Week concluded with a great success. Over 150 staff and students took part in the twelve E-Resources Training Workshops. The E-Discovery Challenge on February 22-23 attracted over 600 participants to take the quizzes and visit our exhibition booths. All valid quiz submissions were entered into a Big Lucky Draw. Participants found the E-Discovery Week activities engaging and useful.
A prize presentation ceremony was held on March 8 at the Library Gallery. Our Lucky Draw winners received the prizes from Ms. Diana Chan, University Librarian.
Congratulations to all prize winners! Thanks again to our e-resources vendors for their generous sponsorship and support!
Photos of the Prize Presentation Ceremony
Photos of the E-Discovery Challenge
Photos of the E-Resources Training Workshops
Lucky Draw Winners
Mark your calendar! HKUST Library E-Discovery Week will take place from February 25 to March 1. Join us to learn more about quality electronic resources for your study and research. All participants will enter a Lucky Draw and have a chance to bring home our exciting prizes!
To enter the Lucky Draw, you can take part in the E-Discovery Challenge and/or join any of the training workshops.
- Visit our E-resources exhibition booths at the Library Gallery (G/F) on February 27 10:00am to 5:00pm and February 28 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- Learn about the resources and take the E-Discovery Challenge by completing a paper quiz distributed on site. Booth owners and library staff will gladly assist you if you need help.
- Challengers must verify their answers with the booth owners before submitting their completed quizzes for the Lucky Draw.
- 14 workshops will be held to introduce smart searching of various E-resources. These E-resources are thoughtfully chosen to balance the subject interest of all Schools.
- Complete a short quiz at the end of each workshop to enter the Lucky Draw.
- The more workshops you join, the bigger chance of winning!
- Venue: E-Learning Classroom B (LG1, Library)
Seats are limited, please register online at: http://library.ust.hk/ce/.
|February 25 (Monday)||12:00 – 13:00||EIU.com – Business Intelligence for China|
|February 25 (Monday)||15:30 – 16:30||Winning Research with Web of Science|
|February 26 (Tuesday)||12:00 – 13:00||OECD iLibrary – Economic Research & Analysis|
|February 26 (Tuesday)||14:00 – 15:00||iRead eBook 華藝電子書|
|February 26 (Tuesday)||15:30 – 16:30||Find High-Impact Research Literature with Scopus|
|February 27 (Wednesday)||11:00 – 12:00||Factiva and ProQuest – News at Your Fingertips|
|February 27 (Wednesday)||13:00 – 14:00||Multi-disciplinary Research on EBSCOHost|
|February 27 (Wednesday)||15:00 – 16:00||IEEE Xplore – 10 tips for effective searching, quality publishing & career boosting with IEEE|
|February 28 (Thursday)||11:00 – 12:00||HyRead ebook 電子書|
|February 28 (Thursday)||12:30 – 13:30||CDMNext – Country, Economic and Industry Statistics|
|February 28 (Thursday)||14:30 – 15:30||Passport – Global Market Data|
|March 1 (Friday)||11:00 – 12:30||Find Chemical Information with SciFinder|
|March 1 (Friday)||13:00 – 14:00||CNKI 中國知網電子資源|
|March 1 (Friday)||14:30 – 15:30||BrowZine – Journal Articles at One Click|
The Library gratefully acknowledges the generous support of our sponsors and trainers:
- This event is open to all current HKUST students and staff (except library staff).
- Each participant can only submit one completed quiz for E-Discovery Challenge. The same participant can also submit up to 14 end-of-workshop quizzes. All valid submissions will be entered into one big Lucky Draw.
- The Library reserves the right to make final decisions on the award of prizes.
Winners will be notified in due course to collect the prize in person. A presentation ceremony will be held on March 12, 1:00pm@Library Gallery.Go Back to page Top
last modified 14 February 2019