HKUST Library E-Discovery Week 2019: Learn, Search, Win
February 25 – March 1
A Great Success
The Library E-Discovery Week concluded with a great success. Overall, the event attracted 772 students and staff members taking part in our E-Discovery Challenge and E-Resources training workshops. All valid quiz submissions were entered into a Big Lucky Draw.
A prize presentation ceremony was held on March 12 at the Library Gallery where the Lucky Draw winners received the prizes from Ms. Diana Chan, University Librarian and Mr. K.T. Lam, Associate University Librarian.
Participants found the E-Discovery Week activities engaging and useful. Congratulations to all prize winners! Thanks again to our sponsors for their generous support!
Photos of the Prize Presentation Ceremony
Photos of the E-Discovery Challenge
Photos of the E-Resources Training Workshops
Lucky Draw Winners
Mark your calendar! HKUST Library E-Discovery Week will take place from February 25 to March 1. Join us to learn more about quality electronic resources for your study and research. All participants will enter a Lucky Draw and have a chance to bring home our exciting prizes!
To enter the Lucky Draw, you can take part in the E-Discovery Challenge and/or join any of the training workshops.
- Visit our E-resources exhibition booths at the Library Gallery (G/F) on February 27 10:00am to 5:00pm and February 28 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- Learn about the resources and take the E-Discovery Challenge by completing a paper quiz distributed on site. Booth owners and library staff will gladly assist you if you need help.
- Challengers must verify their answers with the booth owners before submitting their completed quizzes for the Lucky Draw.
- 14 workshops will be held to introduce smart searching of various E-resources. These E-resources are thoughtfully chosen to balance the subject interest of all Schools.
- Complete a short quiz at the end of each workshop to enter the Lucky Draw.
- The more workshops you join, the bigger chance of winning!
- Venue: E-Learning Classroom B (LG1, Library)
Seats are limited, please register online at: http://library.ust.hk/ce/.
|February 25 (Monday)||12:00 – 13:00||EIU.com – Business Intelligence for China|
|February 25 (Monday)||15:30 – 16:30||Winning Research with Web of Science|
|February 26 (Tuesday)||12:00 – 13:00||OECD iLibrary – Economic Research & Analysis|
|February 26 (Tuesday)||14:00 – 15:00||iRead eBook 華藝電子書|
|February 26 (Tuesday)||15:30 – 16:30||Find High-Impact Research Literature with Scopus|
|February 27 (Wednesday)||11:00 – 12:00||Factiva and ProQuest – News at Your Fingertips|
|February 27 (Wednesday)||13:00 – 14:00||Multi-disciplinary Research on EBSCOHost|
|February 27 (Wednesday)||15:00 – 16:00||IEEE Xplore – 10 tips for effective searching, quality publishing & career boosting with IEEE|
|February 28 (Thursday)||11:00 – 12:00||HyRead ebook 電子書|
|February 28 (Thursday)||12:30 – 13:30||CDMNext – Country, Economic and Industry Statistics|
|February 28 (Thursday)||14:30 – 15:30||Passport – Global Market Data|
|March 1 (Friday)||11:00 – 12:30||Find Chemical Information with SciFinder|
|March 1 (Friday)||13:00 – 14:00||CNKI 中國知網電子資源|
|March 1 (Friday)||14:30 – 15:30||BrowZine – Journal Articles at One Click|
The Library gratefully acknowledges the generous support of our sponsors and trainers:
- This event is open to all current HKUST students and staff (except library staff).
- Each participant can only submit one completed quiz for E-Discovery Challenge. The same participant can also submit up to 14 end-of-workshop quizzes. All valid submissions will be entered into one big Lucky Draw.
- The Library reserves the right to make final decisions on the award of prizes.
Winners will be notified in due course to collect the prize in person. A presentation ceremony will be held on March 12, 1:00pm@Library Gallery.Go Back to page Top
last modified 02 April 2019