Research Assistant (Part-time)
The Library is looking for postgraduates of different disciplines to work as part-time research assistants in the Research Data Services (RDS) Project.
The research assistants will draw upon their academic experience to work with librarians in the RDS Project, which aims to build capacity for sound data management practice throughout HKUST, and to advance the Library’s research data services.
The RDS Project is co-ordinated by the Research Support Services of the Library.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist the Library to pilot test emerging services such as data management plan (DMP)
- Assist the Library to conduct study on research data practices at HKUST and research trends, analyze data and compile reports
- Explore tools for research data analysis, data mining and visualization in interested disciplines
- Promote awareness of data management to HKUST research community
- Provide advice and instruction on discipline-specific data management
Benefits to Participating Students
Research assistants will gain significant experience in data analysis, teaching skills, project skills and report writing. They will acquire knowledge about emerging areas in research communications, and of best practices in research data curation, metadata standards and digital preservation. This is an interesting opportunity; the experience should be useful for their research careers.
Requirements and Terms
Interested candidate should be a current postgraduate student at HKUST, and have
- Knowledge and experience in using research software for qualitative and quantitative data analysis, for example, geo-spatial analysis, data-mining, data visualization, is desirable
- Experience in conducting research would be an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive mindset for learning
- Working hours: 10 per week
- Hourly wage: $80-$100
- 6 months contract; can be open for adjustment to comply with the candidate’s commitment within the guidelines of PGSO for postgraduates.
Send your CV to Gabi Wong by e-mail (email@example.com) stating “Application for Research Assistant (Part-time)”.Go Back to page Top
last modified 11 September 2019