The Library is inviting applications for the following position:
Research Support Services Librarian (Job ID: 5580)
The appointee is to assist Head (Research Support Services) in the development and delivery of the Library’s services in research support. Duties include:
- Assist in developing and managing Library’s support to research data management, including data management plan, digital curation and data preservation;
- Manage Research Bridge, the engagement channel with the HKUST research community; disseminate information about tools and trends in scholarly communications, research management; and other issues that are of interest to researchers;
- Conduct workshops of information skills and research management for research students and staff; and
- Participate in the operation of Scholarly Publications Database and DataSpace and follow up on submission of research output and data.
Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree and a master’s in Library Science or Information Science or equivalent with at least 2 years’ post-qualification practical library experience. He/She should have a good mastery of written and spoken English (Chinese including spoken Cantonese and Putonghua preferred); knowledge of trends in scholarly communications, research output management, metadata and digital curation; and the capability to use digital tools to work with research output. The ideal candidate is expected to have the following desirable qualities:
- Planning, organizing and leadership: Is able to contribute, develop and implement comprehensive service plans and workflows; anticipate complexity that may arise in planning; analyze and resolve problems;
- Professional knowledge: Understand the use of metadata standards; has knowledge of digital tools, digital curation, scholarly communications, copyrights, publishing, researchers’ workflow and needs;
- Communication: Is able to compile ideas and express them effectively, in written and verbal communication, to team members, students, researchers and administrators; and
- Creative and analytical thinking: Is able to use creative and analytical thinking to evaluate alternatives and offer well considered, practical, and innovative ideas and solutions.
(Duration: 2 years, renewable)
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits including annual leave, medical and dental benefits will be provided. A gratuity will be payable upon successful completion of contract.
In support of a green work environment, we accept applications submitted online only. To apply, please complete an online application form through the HKUST Careers website (https://hkustcareers.ust.hk) and return it online to the Human Resources Office on or before Tuesday, 27 October 2020. Applicants will receive an acknowledgement by email upon successful submission. We thank applicants for their interest, but advise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the result of the application.Go Back to page Top
last modified 06 October 2020