Access and Use
Access Policy for Antique Maps and Rare Books
- Antique maps and rare books of the History of Science Collection are not available for check-out.
- Faculty from our University and other academic institutes may use these items in the Special Collections Room or the Reading Room.
- PG students will be asked to provide letters of reference from their respective advisors to support their needs to use the rare items.
- University staff and outside visitors wanting to use the collections may be asked to furnish a letter of reference/recommendation/verbal reference from an individual who is familiar with our collection.
Access Policy for Recently Published Supporting Materials
- HKUST faculty, students, and staff may borrow these items for 7 days with one renewal.
- Users outside the HKUST community including individual/institutional card holders, JULAC card holders, and alumni may use the materials in the Reading Room.
Access Policy for Other Materials
- This policy applies to the reproductions of Chinese calligraphy and paintings, books published before the 20th century, Chinese thread-bound books, loose leaf publications and others.
- These materials are not available for check-out. Users may use the materials in the Reading Room.
16 June 2008
© HKUST Library