New PowerSearch implementation services disruptions
Call 2358-6772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions
HKALL – Hong Kong Academic Library Link is a joint project of the eight university libraries in Hong Kong, through which you can:
- Request books from other local university libraries online
- Borrow them at HKUST Library’s Circulation Counter
Check the E-Learning video, Use HKALL to get unavailable books.
Borrow and Return
- When the book arrives at HKUST Library, you will receive a pick up notice by email.
- You can borrow the book at the Circulation Counter (G/F).
- If you do not borrow the book within 5 days, it will be returned to the lending library. You will not receive a reminder notice.
- HKALL books should be returned to the HKUST Library.
Loan Limits & Loan Periods
HKALL loans are counted in your regular loan limit. Check your privilege through Borrowing Policy. It will not be reset until the item is checked in at the lending library.
An HKALL book may be recalled by a patron at the lending library. In such case:
- You will receive an email notice.
- The loan period may be shortened and the minimum use period is 15 days.
You cannot place a hold on books in other libraries through HKALL. However, you can recall HKUST Library books which are loaned out to other libraries by placing a hold request on our item.
Check the E-Learning video, Request a checked-out or in-processing item.
You can renew an HKALL book twice. Follow the renewal details of HKUST books.
User Initiated Cancellation
You can cancel your HKALL request if the book has a status of “HKALL REQUESTD” in your circulation record. Check the E-Learning video, How to cancel a Hold request.
If the lending library has already transferred the requested book to the HKUST Library, the status of the book will become “IN TRANSIT” or “HKUST RECEIVED”. In this case, you cannot cancel the request online. Notify staff at the Circulation Counter that you no longer need the book (by phone 2358-6772 or email at email@example.com).
Lending Library Cancellation
The lending library may cancel a request if the requested book is
- Not found on the shelf
- Checked out by a local patron
- Found not suitable for loan (e.g. too fragile, etc.)
You will be notified by email if a request is cancelled.
Fines for overdue HKALL books are calculated at the same rate as overdue fines for 4-week or 8-week loan HKUST books.
Losses and Damage
Book replacement fees and penalty policies of the lending library will be followed if such cases arise.
HKALL books may not be taken outside Hong Kong without prior permission from the lending library.Go Back to page Top
last modified 16 May 2017