- All areas of the Library are wheelchair-accessible.
- Entry and exit control are handled with gates, rather than turnstiles. Wheelchair users may enter and leave without staff assistance.
- Both lifts are accessible. The larger lift does not require passing
through lift lobby doors.
- Except for LG1, all toilets have one wheelchair-accessible stall, equipped with railings, grab bars, sink and mirror.
- One LG1, one much larger handicapped-accessible toilet is available.
- Two public access computer stations are specifically designed for wheelchair access.
- Teaching areas (classrooms, tutorial spaces, and multi-function room) are wheelchair accessible.
- Media Resources viewing carrels and Media & Discussions Rooms are wheelchair accessible.
Material Retrieval for Physically Disabled
If you cannot retrieve library material from the shelves, Library staff will get it for you. For books and periodicals, go to the
Circulation Counter on the Ground Floor and fill out a search form. For Media or Microform material, make your request at the Media Counter on LG1.
Facilities & Services for the Visually Impaired
- A fully-networked 'Visually Impaired Workstation' is installed in Media Resources. It has software to enlarge images on-screen and hardware to view enlarged images of print materials.
- Library notices are sent by e-mail. This enables the use of screen-reader software for informational content retrieval.
- Public-access photocopiers are available with magnification capabilities.
- Lifts B and C are equipped with braille markers for all lift controls. Lift C is a designated Disabled Lift, equipped with audible multilingual messaging and arrival/departure tones.
Continual Evaluation and Improvement
The Library continues to evaluate and improve its services and facilities to meet individual and community needs of those with disabilities.