Course Reserve makes course material available to as many students as possible. It contains:
- Material set aside by instructors for students to read, listen, or view, such as copies of class notes, homework sets and assigned reading
- Some high use items such as test preparation guides or previous editions of textbooks
Reserve items may be borrowed for a short period (2 hours, 24 hours, 3 days, or 7 days). Very high fines may incur when overdue.
Borrow Reserve Materials
- Use the Library Catalog's Course Reserve, search by course name or instructor's name to find what you need.
- Many items are accessible electronically via the "View Document" link in the Catalog record.
- If it is not available electronically, jot down the call number of the item you want.
- Go to the Reserve Counter (G/F) or Media Counter (LG1 for Media Reserve), and give the staff the call number.
- Library staff will fetch the material for you.
For 2-hour loan items, if you borrow it within two hours before the Library closes, you may keep it overnight; you must return it within the first hour after the Library opens on the following day.
You cannot renew the loan for Reserve items. After you return the item, if no one borrows it after 15 minutes, you may check it out again.
You may place a hold on 2-hour loan items by making the request in person
at the Reserve Counter. Counter staff will hold it for you for 15 minutes.
Locations of Reserve Material
Reserve Books and articles in hard copy
Contact: Telephone 2358-6776 or email to email@example.com
Contact: Telephone 2358-6788 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
06 February 2012
© HKUST Library