Workshop on Calligraphy with the Folded Pen (Video)
|Date:||13 April 2018 (Fri)|
|Time:||12:00 – 2:00 pm|
|Venue:||Multi-function Room, LG4, Lee Shau Kee Library|
|Presenter:||Dr Manny Ling|
In this workshop participants will make their own calligraphy pens using cut out sheets of aluminium from soft drinks cans. The design of the nib allows the creation of a variety of marks. You will be taught systematically how to write a variety of scripts. You will have opportunities to create calligraphic letters of your own.
HKUST students may attain 2 hours credit for the HLTH1010 Healthy Lifestyle Course after attending the workshop.
This Workshop is jointly organized by the HKUST Library, Center for Education Innovation, and Center for the Arts.
Feedback from participants / 活動迴響
- I also like the part on making the pen myself so that I could do it next time. The activity is very engaging too
- Too short of the session, but the overall organization of the event was very good
- The fact that a calligraphy pen can be created using recycled cans
- Reuse things in a surprising way
- You can make calligraphy writing tools out of anything
- using the folded pen to have the calligraphy and the own design of the word
- innovations n creatitivity
- There isn’t an ideal format of calligraphy, it’s about how you express your feelings on the words you write
- Simple way to start calligraphy without much investment (not much stationary required)
- Have hands on experience about calligraphy. Learn to express by hand writing