- Understand the difference between copyright violation & plagiarism
- Locate the text of Hong Kong’s Copyright Ordinance & its provisions on fair dealing
- Form opinions on what actions would be legitimate and otherwise
- Be familiar with some sources of free and licensed graphics, music, etc.
Two identical sessions will be held:
|20 March||Tuesday||3:00 – 4:30 pm|
|23 March||Friday||1:00 – 2:30 pm|
Upon successful completion of this workshop, HLTH1010 Course students will attain 1.5 hours in “Wellness and Personal Enrichment” of the “Activities” module.
2. Current Awareness Service
Setting up alerts to keep track of the current literature in your research is easy and convenient. In this workshop, you will have hands-on practice and learn how to:
- Set up an RSS feed reader account (Google Reader will be used)
- Create Table of Contents (TOC) Alerts for your favorite journal titles
- Create search and citation alerts from library databases (SciVerse Scopus, Web of Science, etc.)
|30 March||Friday||1:00 – 2:00 pm|
Upon successful completion of this workshop, HLTH1010 Course students will attain 1 hour in “Wellness and Personal Enrichment” of the “Activities” module.
HLTH1010 Course students: Please bring along the student ID card when attending the workshop and take attendance to recognize the participation. Repeated participation in workshop of the same topic is NOT encouraged and the HLTH1010 course hours will not be uploaded.”
Register & details: Library Class Registration
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!