Archives and Special Collections Reading Room
The Reading Room is the service point for both the University Archives and the Special Collections. Use of the collections is by appointment only.
|Room 1349, 1/F|
|Telephone: || (852) 2358-6784|
|Fax:|| (852) 2358-1043|
|Monday - Friday || 9:00 am - 5:15 pm|
|Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays |
Guidelines for Users
Please observe the following guidelines when using the the Reading Room:
- All patrons must register with library staff. They must show identification (HKUST ID, Passport, or HKID) and may be asked to describe their research project.
- Coats, briefcases, and other personal materials not essential to your work must be left with library staff.
- Users fill out a request form for the item they want.
- Requested items will be retrieved from and returned to the shelves by library staff.
- Use the materials with extreme care to ensure their preservation for future generations:
- Do not mark the materials.
- Turn pages carefully.
- Do not rest objects on the face or surface of items.
- Preserve the existing order of all unbound materials.
- Only pencils or lap-tops may be used for note taking. Pens are prohibited.
- No digital photography is permitted without permission.
- Users may not make their own photocopies. If the physical condition permits, staff will make photocopies for users who have filled out an Application for Photocopy form.
- The Reading Room is reserved for the use of patrons of Archival materials and Special Collections. It cannot be used as a general study space.
16 June 2008
© HKUST Library