HKUST Library E-Discovery Week: Learn, Search, Win
9 – 13 February 2015
A Week of Learning & Games
Mark your calendar! HKUST Library E-Discovery Week will take place from February 9-13. It aims to promote better understanding and increase usage of quality electronic resources amongst HKUST staff and students. Take part in our activities to enter a Lucky Draw. You may be one of the winners of these exciting prizes!
What are the Activities?
To enter the Lucky Draw, you can take part in the E-Discovery Challenge and/or join any of the training workshops.
Exhibition Day and E-Discovery Challenge on February 11 & 12
- Visit our E-resources exhibition booths at the Library Gallery (G/F) from 10:00am to 5:00pm and 10:00am to 4:00pm on February 11 and 12 respectively. Learn more about the resources and take part in the E-Discovery Challenge by taking a paper quiz distributed on site and complete all the questions.
- Booth owners and library staff will gladly assist you if you need help.
- Challengers are required to verify their answers with the booth owners before submitting their completed quizzes for the Lucky Draw.
Research Tools Training Workshops from February 9 to 13
12 workshops will be held from February 9 to 13 to introduce smart searching of various E-resources. These E-resources are thoughtfully chosen to balance the subject interest of all Schools. Complete a short quiz at the end of each workshop to enter the Lucky Draw. You may join any number of these workshops. To maximize your chance to win a prize!
Seats are limited, please register online at: http://library.ust.hk/ce/.
|February 9 (Monday)||12:00 – 13:15||Knovel||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 9 (Monday)||13:30 – 14:45||Scopus||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 10 (Tuesday)||14:00 – 15:30||SciFinder||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 10 (Tuesday)||16:00 – 17:00||Alexander Street Press||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 11 (Wednesday)||11:00 – 12:00||Westlaw International||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 11 (Wednesday)||14:00 – 15:00||WiseNews||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 11 (Wednesday)||16:00 – 17:15||Web of Science||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 12 (Thursday)||11:00 – 12:15||Factiva||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 12 (Thursday)||12:30 – 14:00||IEEE Xplore||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 13 (Friday)||12:00 – 13:00||Thomson Reuters Eikon||Room G009, Lee Shau Kee Business Building|
|February 13 (Friday)||13:00 – 14:15||OECD iLibrary||E-Learning Classroom B|
|February 13 (Friday)||15:00 – 16:15||CEIC||E-Learning Classroom B|
Sponsors and Trainers
The Library gratefully acknowledges the generous support of our sponsors and trainers:
Rules and Eligibility
- This event is open to all current HKUST students and staff (except library staff).
- Each participant can submit only one completed quiz for E-Discovery Challenge. The same participant can also submit up to 12 end-of-workshop quizzes. All valid submissions will be entered into one big Lucky Draw.
- The Library reserves the right to make final decisions on the award of prizes.
|Asian Film Online||ProQuest|
|EBSCOhost Research Databases||SciFinder|
|Engineering Case Studies Online||Scopus|
|Filmakers Library Online||Thomson Reuters Eikon|
|Gale Virtual Reference Library||Web of Science|
|IEEE Xplore||Westlaw International|
|Knovel||Wiley Online Library|
|National Geographic Magazine Archive||WiseNews|
|OECD iLibrary||World History in Video|
Presentation of Prizes
Winners will be notified in due course to collect the prize in person. A presentation ceremony will be held on February 25, 1:00pm@Library Gallery.Go Back to page Top
last modified 07 December 2016